Author Topic: Mission Discussion: Off the Hooke  (Read 1796 times)

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
Re: Chatroom
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 03:49:52 pm »
Sorry for my absence too, I had a horrible weekend of serious back pain a week ago and have just been overly tired since, so took a bit of an unscheduled break.

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
Re: Mission Discussion: Off the Hooke
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »
I'll be working on something to get this mission underway in the next couple of days.  If anyone would like to be part of a lecture or display then please let me know and we'll make arrangements.  There will be a small event everyone can take part in on the afternoon of MD 1 (more details to come) but otherwise we'll come across the various mishaps or issues as necessary.  We're still open to suggestions for scientific subject matter you think would be at a convention like this, and if anyone wants to play some NPC scientists that would be great too.

Offline Hideyoshi Shimura

• o/` It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time!
  • Kepler Member
    • Facebook
Re: Re: Chatroom
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 06:41:06 am »
No prob, boss. Hope you're feeling better.

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 02:14:01 pm »
Pretty much, although still a little run down.  If anyone has JPs with me, it might pay to poke me if I owe you a tag. :slap:

• Kepler Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 05:40:06 am »
We had a couple we were talking about, but never started.

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 02:38:13 pm »
You might have to refresh my memory... I seem to have forgotten anything planned.  But I'm always happy to work on stuff, especially if we can set it in the new mission.  Yesterday got away from me because my family were back from overseas, but I'm lurking in chat today if you need me.

• Kepler Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 10:40:48 am »
Eugene/John counseling hijinx.
OU stuff, but I never heard back from natty so that may need to change.

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 09:02:47 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure what we'll do about the OU stuff, I guess we'll just carry it on with the assumption Tanis is helping Hide out.  As for the Reynolds thing, that could happen whenever, I haven't really got anything in place for that (since Emily hasn't replied) so will have to wing it.  Maybe they could meet while looking around the displays and stuff at the conference?

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 03:34:43 am »
As you can see the mission hasn't exactly started yet... I was busier than I anticipated today and then went to see Civil War (no spoilers from me!) so haven't actually written anything yet.  There is at least one JP in the works which I was hoping to be able to sneak in there as an opener but that isn't finished yet either (I won't dob in the writers).  That shouldn't stop you working on anything though, because the mission itself is going to be fairly broad ranged when it comes to the scientific displays and lectures being offered and there doesn't have to be much in the way of continuity to hold things up (unlike the previous mission).

One event that will be open to everyone though is a glitch in the experimental universal translators being offered to everyone to trial as they walk about the conference.  Why would you want to try out a UT when there are already various types in use?  Well, this particular one is edible and will allow for a more streamlined and user friendly experience.  At least that's the theory... in practice, there will be a glitch which causes them to fail and actually distort the user's vocal patterns so badly that regular UTs will be (temporarily) unable to translate for/from those people.  Meaning we'll have a station full of people who have to rely on the languages they actually know how to speak.

This is an idea we've bandied about for years but never quite had a place for, so now seemed like the perfect time to throw in a little hiccup.  Some of our characters won't be affected since they speak at least two languages but there are still a few (like Violet) who only know Federation Standard and will have to rely on charades or something.

Edible UTs are being handed out all day on MD 1 but the glitch won't occur until 1430 Hours, so feel free to plan your posts around that time if you want to join in on the frustration.  If you have any questions, or want to work with me on a specific display to visit or lecture to attend, you know how to contact me.

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2016, 02:29:28 am »
I can't begin to describe how much I love this post! o.O  Especially (but not limited to) because you went to the trouble of writing it in Trill!

Offline Isis Rae

• Command Team
  • Ascended Being
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 03:28:15 am »
I can't begin to describe how much I love this post! o.O  Especially (but not limited to) because you went to the trouble of writing it in Trill!

I learned that triangles are a stupid format for letters - especially if you're using a dip-pen.

Regardless, thank you for the complement.
Lieutenant Commander Isis Rae
Executive Officer
Kepler Station

Offline John Reynolds

• Administrator
  • Ascended Being
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 03:22:29 pm »
It is a rather stupid language.  And who would build their entire written culture around worms?