Position: Former Marine Commanding Officer
Born: 2 September 2354 (30 years old)
Birthplace: Colony farm installation on Cenapia IV
Other identifying marks: visible scar on left side of face, from left ear to jaw. Marine Corps tattoo (eagle, anchor, and Earth) on right bicep.
Insert personality here (assuming he has one :P )
Farm life never suited Justin and that made home life even harder. All he ever wanted was to be out in the stars. Cenapia IV was an outlying colony and that meant little opportunity to get to those stars. The Starfleet schools there could barely claim the name and he spent a lot of the time before and after school proving the local bullies wrong in trying to fight him or his few close friends. So when the SFMC recruiter appeared on planet he leaped at the chance, regardless of what his parents thought, he enlisted in the Marine Corps. In the Corps., life became a series of challenge after challenge, and he was more than up to the task. Success became all he wanted. Failure was not an option. He never forgot the advice the Drill Sgt. Taylor gave him at graduation. "You always have 3 objectives in every mission. Achieve mission objectives, getting your men out alive, and keeping an eye out for anything that will prove useful to Command. Never forget this." And he hadn't.
- Enlisted in 2371 at the age of 17.
- Completed Marine basic training at the top of his class.
- Battle of Telus (Dominion War - Planetary Conflict - 2375) - commendations for exemplary courage under fire and valorous service.
- Battle of Hyacinth (Romulan Engagement - Space Station Conflict - 2377) - commendation for valorous duty. Nominated for OCS by CO - note "highly recommended for Officer training in light of actions taken after heavy casualties included ranking officers."
- Graduated OCS in the top 10 percent of the class.
- Battle of Vandusen (Klingon Engagement - Starship Conflict- 2379) - commendation for courage under fire. Demotion to 2nd Lt. for striking superior officer - 6 months in brig.
- Battle of Octus VII (Andoran Engagement - Planetary Conflict - 2381) - commendation for valorous duty and courage under fire. Demotion to 2nd Lt. for disobeying orders - 6 months in brig.
Father: Thomas Shard
Mother: Becky Shard